Our client is a top tier investment manager, seeking a mid-level operations and client services applicant to join their Sydney team. This position is somewhat like a combined role of operations and client services – so they ideally need quite a broad operations/ middle office person. The role will suit somebody who is keen on both the operational and client services aspect of the role.
The position would be well suited for an experienced asset management operations candidate with a background in fund accounting, who has a few years within either custody or asset management operations. The applicant will also have client services experience and be a strong communicator able to interact with a wide range of people.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with back office, fund administrators and custodians
- Calculation of unit prices
- Reconciliation of underlying investments between administrator/custodian and investment managers
- Facilitate timely process of client investment / redemption transactions
- Investment / Redemptions of client cashflows
- Monthly performance and investment reporting requirements
- Client relations support
- Equivalent experience in unit trust/ fund accounting or custody of at least 2-3 years
- Understanding of applicable asset management organisations and products
- Client centric skills with an ability and interest to liaise effectively with clients
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong numerical and reconciliation skills
- Experience in fund accounting, unit trust and custody
- Client services experience