This is an interesting position working is close support of the fixed income and structured finance trading division at a leading global investment bank in Sydney.
The ideal applicant will come from a strong product control before stepping in to this role. Good experience within P&L reporting, hedge accounting, financial reporting and management reporting would be ideal.
A clear understanding of debt / structured finance trading products and their derivatives would is desirable within this role. This is a middle office position, with a strong accounting focus.
- Take responsibility for PnL & Balance Sheet activities relating to the production of data be it onshore or offshore.
- Responsible for month end close activities as part of the FI/Structured Finance business line.
- Monitor and control accuracy and completeness of underlying data used in the Financial Statements to mitigate operational & reputation risk.
- Provide support for Global Markets month end close activities as part of wider team involvement.
- CPA/ CA Qualification
- Debt Product Control or Financial Accounting background
- Strong excel and ideally SAP
- IFRS experience