Our client is a global business whose main product is technology system solutions for derivative risk management within treasury.
This position is effectively a junior business developer, based in their Sydney office, to help line up meetings for the Sales Directors with prospective clients across the Asia-Pacific region. Our client runs a small office in Sydney, and another in Hong Kong, targeting clients across Asia-Pacific.
The ideal applicant would have a few years of post-university experience in a sales or business development focused role. You would need to be very confident liaising with new prospective clients on the phone, with the aim of organising client meetings.
A strong results-focused salesperson is required for the position, and an applicant who is enthusiastic and eager to develop a career as a competent business developer. The ideal applicant will be comfortable speaking to cold prospective clients, and keen to work in a results-driven sales environment.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business in a junior sales position, that would likely progress to a Sales Director role after a few years of experience in the Account Development Representative role. Periodic travel across Asia-Pacific would be required as part of this role, but initially would be minimal while you are gaining experience in the role. You would be mentored by the current Account Development Representative who is progressing to a full sales position with the firm.
About The Position:
The Account Development Representative (ADR) is an inside sales position combining the functions of sales support, business development and administrative assistance to the APAC sales team, to maximize the sales processes. This requires a smart, high energy, self starting person who has a burning desire to be successful, and who seeks a career in sales. Our target accounts are the large listed corporations in the APAC region. Our target contacts in these corporations are the CFO, Corporate Treasurer, Controllers and their senior staff.
The ADR will work with the direct sales and marketing teams to develop new account business as well as selling into existing Reval clients and be part of the global sales team. The ideal candidate will ideally have recently completed a degree or other tertiary qualification and have experience working with sales organizations in either the technology or financial industry.
- Primarily obtaining sales appointments for the sales team across the region
- Includes significant researching of prospects and their requirements
- Working through existing leads to generate appointments, along with finding and generating new leads to approach (warm calling and cold calling)
- Generating email campaigns and building target lists
- Executing Telesales programs aligned with marketing campaigns, to develop new leads
- Following up leads to convert B leads into A lead prospects
- Coordinating web presentations and demonstrations with the direct sales team and prospects.
- Working with the sales team to responds to RFP’s and generate proposals.
- Executing account management activities with clients to include client satisfaction programs and selling additional solutions
- Working with the sales team to ensure all sales and account information in SalesForce.com is current, complete and accurate.
- Undertake detailed research of target market to develop account profiles
- Understand and closely monitor competitors in each market
- Work with the Sales team to develop a provocative lead generation programs focused on target accounts.
- Prospecting for new business opportunities, based on research within the target corporations especially in Australia, Singapore and HK.