Salary description: $600-700pd AUD base rate
- $150-200k AUD Equivalent
- Contract or Temporary
- 3 to 7 years of experience
There has been a large amount of regulatory change over the past year (and coming years) which have an impact on operational systems and process and reconciliation. Eg Dodd Frank/EMIR Trade reporting of derivative transactions and reconciliation to counter-party, FATCA etc.
Our client requires someone to initially develop and maintain the manual process and systems to ensure compliance with these various regulatory reporting requirements with the aim of transitioning these to a semi/automated solution with the assistance of IT teams.
The Business Analyst (BA) will be responsible for gathering and understanding the business needs for the reconciliation and ongoing monitoring of all regulatory platforms.
The BA will then ensure together with the Business and IT departments, that the requirements are accurately translated into system developments.
The BA will be actively participating in the day to day reconciliations. The BA will be working with excel to begin with but as more platforms and regulations come to bear will need to articulate and design robust architecture to span Database solutions.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed
- Business Requirements Document, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Work independently and actually perform necessary tasks before handing over.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.\Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, and subject matter experts
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- 5+ yrs. experience working as a BA in the financial markets arena.
- Knowledge of Global Regulatory requirements preferred especially EMIR.
- Product Knowledge of OTC derivatives.