Contract or Temporary
This is an interesting position working in close support of the Foreign Exchange / Treasury trading division at a leading global investment bank in Sydney.
The ideal applicant will come from a strong product control or treasury accounting background. Good experience within P&L reporting, hedge accounting, financial reporting and management reporting would be ideal.
A clear understanding of treasury trading products, and their derivatives, would be preferred to be able to perform well in this role. This is a middle office focused position, with a strong accounting focus.
- Take responsibility for PnL & Balance Sheet activities relating to the production of data be it onshore or offshore.
- Responsible for month end close activities as part of the FX and Treasury business line
- Monitor and control accuracy and completeness of underlying data used in the Financial Statements to mitigate operational & reputational risk.
- Process re-engineering – continually questioning processes in an ever changing environment & striving for best of breed.
- Provide support for Global Markets month end close activities as part of wider team involvement
Financial Control Function
- Defining and implementing control procedures both onshore and offshore to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Exception management and escalation of issues to senior management.
- Develop and implement consistent controls and processes across business lines.
Pnl and Balance sheet activities
- Ensure MAFA breaks are investigated and resolved
- Ensure all account balances are substantiated as per guidelines
- FX exposures management from both Management and Financial accounting perspectives.
- Assist in issue resolution and training for offshore support staff.
- Ensure all Regulatory and Head Office reporting is completed per required deadlines.
Month end process and Transfer Pricing process:
- Perform review and approval of month end adjustments.
- Develop and implement consistent Transfer Pricing controls and processes
- CPA/ CA Qualification
- Treasury Product Control or Treasury Accounting background
- Strong excel and ideally SAP
- IFRS experience