Our client is seeking fund accountants to assist over the next 9 months to cover maternity leave.
Initially our client is seeking to employ someone to help with this 9 month period, although strong candidates will be considered for permanent positions within the group.
- The Fund accounting group is a customer-focused team; they support the business and client activities of the Operations Division.
- The team performs a crucial role working alongside various teams in the Operations Division.
- They prepare accurate Statutory Financial Statements for reporting periods having taken feeds from registry, auditor inputs and clients.
- In addition, they perform an internal audit function ensuring records held in the GL are accurate, liaising on reconciliation issues or discrepancies with the Fund Administration and Reconciliations teams.
- They perform some reconciliations and cash flow statements within the team including the completion of investment reconciliations for audit and client purposes.
- The Fund Accountant plays a key role in the Financial Reporting team. The Fund Accountant provides technical accounting in the preparation of statutory financial statements and other reports.
- In addition to team management, key responsibilities include the generation of accurate monthly Fund & MIS reporting for clients meeting their SLA terms, understanding and implementation of operational risk and legislative requirements of Fund Accounting.
- The Fund Accountant has in-depth knowledge of the preparation of statutory financial statements, also fund accounting, unit pricing, investment administration & reconciliations. They understand the importance of accuracy in reporting. Time management and the ability to operate effectively within critical time constraints in the area are important.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting or related discipline.
- Post graduate qualification in CA, CPA or equivalent
- Approximately 4-8 years commercial experience in financial services, technical accounting experience in statutory reporting and financial statement preparation, fund accounting or custody operations.
- The Fund Accountant has had dealings with auditors (internal and external), client facing contact and demonstrates effective communication skills (both written & verbal).
- Experience using central accounting systems eg. General Ledger and related reporting tools, they have experience producing:
- Reconciliations including investment reconciliations
- Statutory financial statements
- Cash flow statements
- Comprehensive knowledge of Custody and Fund Administration, Statutory Reporting and reconciliations, related operational risk and compliance requirements.
- Approximately 4+ years reporting experience in financial services accounting.
- Any tax experience would also be held in high regard.
Key Systems Experience:
- MS Word & Excel
- Databases including Lotus Notes & Access