Financial Accountant is responsible for external regulatory reporting for a number of managed funds and superannuation clients. Key deliverables for the group are trial balance reporting, distribution calculations, statutory accounts, tax returns and BAS returns. These deliverables are major processes rather than daily deadlines and require significant pre-planning to ensure that Service Level Agreement requirements are met. Tax and accounting information is derived from the HiPortfolio system
This position provides exposure to various issues in relation to financial accounting for managed funds and superannuation vehicles, as well as involvement in training, development and supervision of other team members. The role offers exposure to other internal business lines within my client, client contract and external contract with auditors.
- Assist in the preparation of all aspects of financial reporting including trial balance reporting, distribution calculations, statutory accounts, tax returns and BAS for managed funds and superannuation vehicles.
- Review work prepared by Financial Accountants.
- Identify and provide practical solutions to accounting, tax and legal issues for a wide range of clients.
- Involvement in, review and implementation of systems development and operational improvements.
- Liaise with clients and auditors as required.
- Good knowledge of financial markets and instruments
- PC literate and strong skills in spreadsheet applications.
- At least 3 years experience in Financial Accounting.
- Sound knowledge of accounting and tax principles in relation to the financial service industry.
- Tertiary qualified in Accounting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective planning and time management skills to meet objectives and strict deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to take ownership and responsibility.
- Actively contributing and participating as a member of the team.
- Demonstrate initiative and proactive approach to dynamic workload.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Commitment to premium client service.