Our client, a leader in global banking and financial services, is seeking a strong fund accounting applicant with direct fund transitions experience to join them for 9 months in Sydney.
This role involves executing and coordinating transition projects as required, working closely with internal and external stakeholders. This person processes and instructs (based on client instructions) the physical transfer of a wide range of assets including various securities (derivatives, debt instruments, cash and equities, unlisted unit trusts etc). There is also a requirement for the Transition Analyst to coordinate with other departments for activities that cannot be facilitated by the team (eg. Unlisted Unit Trust processing).
- Approximately 5+ years in Financial Services, with specific technical knowledge of Fund Accounting & Unit Pricing, Investment Administration & Custody Operations.
- In-depth knowledge of a range of securities
- Demonstrates capability in project management & planning, good numeracy & analytical ability, as well as a capability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cohesively within their team to achieve quality outcomes under tight deadlines
- Demonstrate a clear and concise written communication style. Proactive in communicating with client contacts & colleagues.
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting or a related discipline
- Good working knowledge of Hi-Portfolio & relevant market systems
- Familiarity with MS Suite (Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint) and Lotus Notes
- Preference to candidates who hold post-graduate qualifications in Accounting, Management or Industry (CPA, CA or SIA).