Our client, a leader in global banking and financial services, is seeking a strong fund accounting applicant who has at least 6 months of experience directly within fund transitions.
Strong hiportfolio systems experience and reconciliations experience required.
The role involved executing and coordinating the execution of transition projects as required, working closely with internal and external stakeholders. This person processes and instructs (based on client proper instructions) the physical transfer of a wide range of assets including various securities (derivatives, debt instruments, cash and equities, unlisted unit trusts, etc.). There is also requirement for the Transition Analyst to coordinate with other departments for activities that cannot be facilitated by the team (eg. Unlisted Unit Trust processing).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Approximately 5+ years in Financial Services with specific technical knowledge of Fund Accounting and Unit Pricing, Investment Administration and Custody Operations.
- In-depth knowledge of a range of securities and their treatment
- Demonstrates capability in project management and planning, good numeracy and analytical ability, as well as capable of multitasking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the capability to work cohesively within their team to achieve tight deadlines and quality outcomes.
- Demonstrate a clear and concise written communication style. Proactive in communicating with client contacts and colleagues.
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting or a related discipline.
- Good working knowledge of Hi-Portfolio and relevant market systems.
- MS Suite (Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint)
- Lotus Notes
- Preference for candidates who hold postgraduate qualifications in Accounting, Management or Industry (CPA, CA or SIA)