Salary description: $55 - 60k + Super + Bonuses
- 1 to 3 years of experience
Our client is an interest rate broker, promoting primarily term deposit products to institutional clients, seeking a Junior Interest Rates Dealer to join their small CBD based team. Prior rates or treasury dealing exposure required.
The position of Junior Interest Rate Dealer is essentially a corporate and government client focused Short Term Interest Rate (STIRT) or Money Market Broker. The focus of this position is prospecting to small government and semi-government clients, and other small corporate businesses to promote a money market intermediary service. The firm offers their clients high interest earning money market services, through relationships with the large retail banks in Australia.
The ideal applicant would come from a treasury, money market or debt market dealing, middle office or direct sales background.
This role involves regular prospecting to new clients, so confidence on the phone and in person is paramount. Direct experience in marketing term deposits or money market products to retail or institutional clients would be ideal.
- Build relationships, rapport and service investment needs of current client base.
- Introduce new clients complimentary to the business model & cultivate relationships with new clients to enable on-target revenue generation.
- Assist clients with the placement of their investments in an efficient and timely manner.
- Support the market information dissemination function
- Ensuring the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is kept up to date
- Ensure AML / CTF compliance is adhered to for all clients
- Strong communication skills – written & verbal.
- Proven phone based sales ability.
- Strong negotiating / deal making abilities and experience
- Enthusiastic pro-active approach to interacting with clients
- Proficient at excel, word and powerpoint. CRM experience is also desired.