Salary description: Circa $100k base
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is seeking an exceptional SRE who is willing to grow their skill set to ensure the availability, performance, maintenance and support of a fast-paced, high volume, highly available and high growth environment.
This position requires both strategic engineering as well as tactical hands-on technical work. The SRE will be responsible for a full system life cycle including configuration and code deployment and customisations in an industry-leading financial services cloud offering. The Site Reliability Engineer will work closely with all the technical teams that are responsible for building and maintaining the cloud offering.
- Participating in incident management, problem management, and service request fulfilment processes
- Application installation, upgrades, testing, configuration/change management, and application/hardware monitoring.
- Proven ability to maintain multiple development, QA and production Oracle environments
- Experience with performance tuning
- Experience with data integrity, data retention, data analysis and data input/output processing and improving Oracle code performance efficiency
- Facilitate database request fulfilment and database application monitoring/tuning
- Knowledge capture and transfer, assisting others in the implementation and use of software
- Off-hours support, based on an on-call rotation, will be required
- Required to interact with business users and technical users both internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 4 years’ experience in a technology related position with demonstrated success
- Solid understanding of Oracle Database Administration
- Familiarity with the software development process
- Fundamental training with basic UNIX/Linux commands
- Simple SQL query knowledge
- Experience with production deployment and operational support for enterprise class applications.
- Working knowledge of operations tools (monitoring, log analysis, etc.).
- Experience using Windows scripting, shell scriptsany programming experience ie. JAVA
- Financial services industry experience a plus
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification a plus
- Working experience with building stable and scalable automation