Contract or Temporary
Our client, a reputable investment manager, is seeking an Investment Accounting Manager to join their Sydney Office on a 15 month maternity leave contract.
Our client is seeking a candidate who is ideally immediately available and is willing to pay up to $110k base AUD, dependent on experience.
- Assist in day-to-day operations including performance reporting, reconciliations, NAV review, corporate actions processing, fee calculations/reviews, cash flow management, and compliance activities.
- Assist in business transitions as required
- Handling portfolio manager and senior management requests and ad-hoc requests from other business areas as required
- Ensuring fund manager portfolio system data integrity
- Liaison with administrators, fund managers, custodians, prime brokers, audit and tax
- Ensuring timely delivery of various reporting requirements to fund managers
- Review of reconciled daily, weekly and month end valuations
- Preparation of periodic reports to senior management, fund managers, clients, and asset consultants.
- Understand fund compliance matters, assist with development of the compliance manuals, internal policies and the implementation of regular monitoring
- Reviewing back office processes and procedures with a view to implementing efficiency and accuracy improvements
- Support and coaching of the Investment Accounting team
- Excellent understanding of funds management back office operations including the full end-to-end NAV calculation process from cash flows through to unit pricing
- Excellent understanding of investment management industry and third party relationship management
- Full understanding of fund performance measurement and calculation
- Ability to calculate and analyse portfolio profit and loss attribution
- Previous experience in managing different stakeholders including senior management, portfolio managers, and the middle office team
- Understanding of global and domestic markets and a broad range of assets classes including equities, derivatives, FX’s, swaps, OTCs, and private equity
- 10+ years experience gained in the fund operations department of a fund manager or fund administrator
- Previous experience in a Manager or Team Leader role
- Tertiary qualification (accounting / finance or similar)
- CA/CPA part or fully qualified