Salary description: $100-120k AUD base salary
- 10 to 15 years of experience
This role is focused on leading the operational team of twelve staff. The manager must proactively support other divisions of the business and client contact is an important aspect of the role. The role will work across the operational business lines in reviewing existing operational controls, providing input to recommendations and actively participating in both team and department initiatives. The manager will provide input into risk analysis for the Unit Trust operations and for the broader operational teams.
- Provide leadership to the UT team.
- Provide subject matter expertise for the all aspects of the UT team.
- Assist with the development of a client focused and high performance culture within the team, ensuring that staff are uncompromising in the delivery of BAU excellence;
- Promote and support all group wide, and team initiatives;
- Develop and maintain relationships with client(s), including engaging with client representatives, providing a management escalation point.
- Proactively support and develop new business and product initiatives.
- Maintain and monitor the Risk Control Framework for the service, including formal supervision and working closely with Risk and Compliance and Business Controllers, identifying potential risks and developing controls to mitigate these;
- Work with the Head of, in formulating and implementing strategic plans for the department, including team structures, work procedures, risk controls, systems and interfaces in order to increase efficiency and/or increase service quality.
- Work with all departments to ensure service and system interfaces between departments are efficient and effective.
- Proactively contribute to projects, ensuring appropriate controls support the implementation and embedding of new processes/new clients
- Represent the UT team on new business acquisition processes, including client tender responses, client due diligence presentations, transition planning, IT on technical projects
- Maintain procedures, SLA and staff training
- Develop the UT team
- A minimum 10 years Financial Services experience with a demonstrated understanding of unit trust operations, including trade processing, distributions, management fee rebate, month end reporting, daily reconciliations, data entry processing and settlement, pricing, call payments, foreign exchange, static data within Unit Trust Administration Team
- Strong managerial experience
- Strong project and change management experience.