Our client is a Global trading business focused on trading primarily of futures, options and equity derivatives. The Trading Assistant reports directly to a Senior Trader and is responsible for efficient administration operations of Sydney Office.
The role requires an understanding of financial instruments such as options, convertible bonds, futures, and equity derivatives, as the successful candidate will be working with experienced traders in the financial sector. Knowing how to work directly with traders and having good working relationships is essential.
The ideal applicant would have previous experience for a few years within equity derivatives trade support and a good understanding of financial markets and complex trading products.
- Day to day administration and support to traders-maintain a smooth working environment for the trader
- Liaise with trading desk and brokers
- Prepare pricing sheets
- Under direct supervision of a trader will be responsible for changing market prices and executing trades
- Trade capture and reporting
- Upload OTC trades to prime brokers
- Reconciliation of positions market value between prime brokers and desk
- Generate daily Profit and Loss reports
- At least 3 years experience in a middle office role covering OTC Derivatives
- Daily PnL experience
- Strong computer skills
- Thorough mastery of Excel and Access
- Financial markets experience
- Knowledge of financial products (OTC Derivatives)
- Knowledge / experience in Asian markets preferred
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia