Salary description: $190-230k base
- $150-200k AUD Equivalent
- 7 to 10 years of experience
Our client is a high profile global asset manager, seeking an Investment Associate with a focus on early-stage renewable energy projects in Australia. This is an interesting role that effectively acts as a relationship manager to liaise with clean energy projects, companies and initiatives that may be future investments to the fund. The role works beside the Investment Team to field the wide-range of potential renewable energy projects in Australia and act as a conduit between this internal investment team and the Australian renewable energy community.
This Investment Associate will act as a relationship contact point for businesses that come to our client, and to act in a guidance and mentoring capacity to help develop projects to become “investment ready” in the near future. This role will help to facilitate projects to receive venture capital or private equity funding, and help these early-stage clean energy projects to grow to the next stage in the business lifecycle.
This role will help to manage enquiries from new projects, and give them the support that early-stage clean energy projects need to develop and become sustainable renewable energy businesses. In this context, this role aims to guide renewable energy projects to a point where our client will invest in the scheme/business.
Given the unique nature of this role, our clients are open regarding the ideal profile for this role. The successful candidate would ideally have a background or some exposure to PE/VC or early-stage investments, ideally with a renewable or clean-energy focus. Our clients are open to applicants either from the Buy-Side or Sell-Side, with a slight bias toward Buy-Side applicants, with a good understanding of early-stage renewable energy projects. Experience with PPP, project finance or energy M&A experience would potentially be of interest. This role is more relationship focused rather than analytical, so the perfect candidate would be a great communicator and be able to engage well with potential renewable energy investments externally and with senior staff internally.
The salary is variable depending on relevant project finance, PE/VC and renewable energy experience. Although we expect the salary offered will be in the range of $190-230k AUD + super, with a variable annual bonus.
If you are seeking to build, or continue, your career within the renewable energy sector this is definitely the place to do it in a high-profile role with a Private Equity/Venture Capital focus.
- Deal Origination: collaborating with Investment team and Portfolio Management team to identify and analyse opportunities
- Building Relationships and Partnerships: cultivating new relationships and leveraging existing networks to pro-actively identify new renewable energy investments
- Identifying, qualifying and partnering with potential investments to support them to prepare business plans, funding plans, marketing plans or project plans for their product or innovation with the intention of securing investment from the fund
- Mining existing and new networks, and collaborating with potential investment partners to access a range of renewable energy projects.
- Active membership of the Investment Team to develop overall direction of portfolio of projects and engage in problem solving for existing projects
- Significant relationship management experience in a banking or funds management environment
- Demonstrated capability to engage and manage internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Extensive project finance, development finance, private equity or venture capital experience, with established networks and credibility when dealing with potential investors and partners.
- Strong commercial negotiation skills and business acumen to review early stage opportunities
- Experience/ exposure to clean technology sector, and interest in the technology to assess market potential