Our client is seeking a senior performance analyst to join their team. The ideal candidate will have at least a few years of supervisory experience and 3 + years direct performance
The Performance team sits within Investment operations. The team’s mission is to provide investment analytics services to internal and external clients.
The three key services areas are:
• Calculate investment performance and identify sources of performance for internal and external clients
• Conduct analysis of investment portfolios to determine adherence to mandates
• Provide analytical support to unit pricing functions
They are a specialised analytical and client services focused team.
The Performance Team Leader is an important role. Responsible for supporting the Head of Performance and Compliance with the oversight of the day-to-day workflow of their team, they assist in developing the Senior Analysts and Analysts to enable the achievement of team goals.
Their primary focus is on:
- BAU workflow organisation
- BAU oversight / checking / audit
- BAU delivery
- Escalation point for queries and non standard report requests
- Providing product knowledge support to more junior staff and the wider business
- Subject Matter Expert for transitions and projects
- Staff cross-training and coverage
- Mentoring, coaching, 1-to-1, objective setting and PMA review
- Proactive development of productive relationships within team and with clients.
The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring accuracy and quality in the performance of their team.
Number of staff supervised: maximum 3
- Service delivery
- Calculate investment performance data for clients in accordance with the industry standards, as well as client service level agreement (SLA) requirements. This includes core performance measurement, after-tax performance, risk analysis and attribution analysis.
- Provide compliance / investment monitoring reports on a regular basis, ensuring investment managers adhere to their mandates and all mandate breaches are detected and acted upon.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients to ensure provision of high level of service;
- Manage team of Performance and Compliance Analysts
- Monitor team and individual performance and provide performance management, mentoring and feedback to appropriate staff in general
- Investigate, document, report and resolve issues and recommend corrective action where appropriate;
- Risk and compliance
- Ensure Cross training and get exposed to all the areas of the team;
- Ensure Compliance of all processes with internal policies and procedures;
- Perform other tasks as requested
- Strong understanding of financial markets and investment management processes, including back office functions.
- Performance measurement experience (5+ years) from either a custody or funds management background
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, especially macros (VBA)
- Knowledge of the relevant industry standards (AIPS, GIPS )