Effectively this role is acting as the oversight for the middle office custody recs function that is based offshore. As such a strong asset management or custody operational background is important, especially in dealing with recs exceptions and investigations of reconciliation breaks in a middle office function.
The salary is flexible depending on relevant middle office and recs experience, although we would expect in the range of $70-75k + super.
- Assist with oversight of the Custody Control (Recs) team based off shore who perform the Sydney reconciliations.
- Perform oversight review tasks as outlined in procedures
- Monitor daily reconciliation breaks and escalate if required sign off is not received by relevant business units.
- For daily cash & asset rec breaks, monitor the quality of comments
- Responsible for the completion of monthly reconciliation report.
- For Cash & Asset recs, and for NAV Recs, ensure breaks are escalated appropriately if business units are not meeting the requirements for commentary and resolution.
- Attend the Cash & Asset break meeting to review breaks and challenge business units on the status of breaks
- Ensure monthly reconciliations are completed accurately for the physical assets.
- Assist with Cash Forecasting
Cross training and team coverage:
- To provide administration activities which support our clients start of day position. This includes trade matching, instructing settlement, managing cash flows, reconciliation and reporting.
- Change implementation including on-boarding new business, changes to existing processes to meet client requirements, self-generated process enhancements and the creation and implementation of new services.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree education – preferable commerce and finance.
- Two years plus experience in the Sydney market in one or more of the required product areas.
- Knowledge of the International markets specifically Asia is desirable
- Middle Office experience is essential
- Omgeo CTM