Location: Hong Kong
Salary description: Dependent on prior experience
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
This is an exceptional opportunity to work in a standalone corporate accounting position for a global well-regarded prop trading firm. The role is based in HK to help run financial, management and reg reporting for the HK entity, and reporting back to the regional head-office in Sydney. This role doesn’t manage direct reporting for the trading P&L but an understanding of financial markets and experience reporting or dealing with HK regulators would be ideal. To succeed in this role you would need to be ACA or CPA qualified.
The role will be reporting to the Head of Finance and Operations, back in Australia. You will be responsible for the full suite of financial and management accounts for multiple Asia Pacific entities. This is an exceptional opportunity to be heavily involved in forming close relationships with stakeholders onshore and offshore and play a key role in the evolution of the accounting team.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working across monthly, quarterly & annual financial and management accounts
- Preparation of related tax returns
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and reporting.
- Preparation of Hong Kong regulatory reporting and liaising with the authorities as and when required
- Other ad-hoc duties to ensure the smooth running of the Company
The ideal candidate will have the following key attributes:
- Degree and post graduate qualification (e.g. CPA, CA) in a relevant field such as Finance or Accounting
- Demonstrated experience in financial reporting practices and the preparation and review of tax compliance matters
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential
- Financial markets accounting experience desirable
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management both internal and external
- Excellent interpersonal, resource management and communication skills
Salary will be variable depending on prior experience in audit, assurance, ideally within financial markets with a generous annual bonus.
Feel free to call us in Hong Kong to learn more about this exceptional opportunity: +852 2168 0887Apply for this Job →