Salary description: $30-35p/h
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- Contract or Temporary
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leading global investment bank with a sizable operation in Sydney. Due to increased work flow they are seeking a contractor to join their Stock loan operations team initially for 6 months, although this will be an ongoing contract role.
Prior stock loan experience will be held highly, although strong equity operations experience will also be relevant.
The team supports all Equity Settlement and Stock Loan activities across the local market.
- Deal maintenance and Trade Exception Processing: Amend trade details such as rate, quantity, TD/VD , etc. instruction given by desk or client service groups.
- Position Balancing: Book balancing to ensure appropriate asset utilisation.
- Reconciliation of Client Asset accounts including Trust account.
- Exposure monitoring and reporting: Ensure exposures are monitored daily and report all positions to the BU daily
- Settlement Processing and Fail Investigation: minimize fails to market and SL fails, also its extra borrow cost.
- Break Reconciliation: Reconcile all Stock Lending related breaks on stocks and cash.
- Understand the requirements of regulatory risk items and its reporting: ASX and ASIC reporting
- Liaise with Local Agents to facilitate timely trade settlement, as required on a daily basis
- Liaise with Trade Support and Client Service groups for unmatched or failing trade resolution and ad hoc settlement queries
- Facilitate settlement of Stock Lending Transactions and liaise with regional stock lending desk
- Understand the rules and regulations of the Australian markets and work within risk parameters
- Reconciliation of domestic stock positions
- Clear internal reconciliation breaks for both stock and cash
- Prior stock lending operations or equity settlements experience is ideal
- 2 – 6 years’ experience in an equity operations role
- 1 -2 years’ experience with a global investment bank