This is a fantastic opportunity to join the metal trading desk of a global physical commodity trading business. Our client is a global firm that is a leader in the physical movement of commodities.
If you have applied to this position in the past unsuccessfully, please do not reapply for this opportunity as our client will not reconsider the same applicants.
Broadly speaking the successful Metals Trade Support applicant would be coordinating a range of tasks in support of the Australian metal traders, who are based in the Sydney office. The metals desk coordinates the physical sales and delivery of metal products – primarily copper and zinc.
Our client is ideally seeking an applicant with only a few years (1-3) of post-university experience and ideally some exposure to logistics or commodities.
Salary is variable depending on experience, but likely to be from $55-65k+super. As a note, salary typically moves up quite quickly once you gain a good foundation in the movement of the commodity.
- Drafting/ issuing/ reviewing of purchase and sales contracts including all related legal documents, such as Holding Certificates, storage agreements, prefinance agreements, guarantees;
- Verification of all documents with Compliance and Company internal guidelines;
- Identification of issues and contractual risk and respective advice to Traders;
- Documentary monitoring of the contract from the beginning to the end, including co–managing of contract changes and corrections;
- Close interaction with the respective Trader and traffic persons, as well as cooperation with other teams such as Chartering, Insurance, Finance, Legal and Compliance;
- Administration of Purchase and Sales contracts: Purchase/ Sales Order Entry into CTTS, Customer data handling /processing and maintenance, including updating and amending the current data in the internal data system. Filing of documents and archiving;
- Depending on the respective task area, the Contract Writer/ Administrator may have direct contact to customers and/ or colleagues in field offices
Further responsibilities include:
- Vessel chartering of container shipments in co-operation with the chartering department; organizing rail, truck and air transport or releasing of material in warehouse
- Letters of Credit (L/Cs)
- Opening of and checking of L/Cs for our suppliers and receivers; requesting amendments and negotiating documents for collection of payment
- Calculation of metal quantity and foreign currency amounts to be priced Contact to clients / field offices
- Correspondence on availability of materials in production, transit and in stock; documentation, invoicing, outgoing and incoming payments, client exposure control and claim handling
- Insuring risks of each transport as well as material in storage
As noted above, our client is seeking a reasonably junior applicant for this position with only a few years experience post-university. Our client will consider sharp recent graduates with some exposure to commodities or logistics while completing their degree.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia