The Relationship Manager is responsible for the management of a portfolio of allocated accounts. As the primary account representative, the Relationship Manager is responsible for servicing the overall client relationships within the portfolio of Corporate Trust – Structured Finance and Securitisation. Each Relationship Manager will be assigned one or more Associates to assist in the day-to-day administration of the portfolio of accounts. The Relationship Manager will be responsible for over seeing the workflow and ensuring the completeness of the tasks assigned to the Trust Associates.
- Day to day administration of the accounts, the coordination of services for assigned clients, the monitoring of contractual obligations for these accounts and active participation in retentive marketing efforts for securing additional business opportunities with clients, law firms, investment bankers and other industry professionals
- Maintain general knowledge of products and the ability to introduce and expose clients to other products or services that our client offers. Analyse type and extent of products and services to be provided to Clients and Targets
- Assist Sales Manager in the bid preparation (RFP) process and analysis of all retentive bids in connection with existing clients. Interact with Business Development group regarding new business opportunities.
- Make a positive contribution to the Retentive Marketing Process by being able to recognize opportunities. Expand book of business to meet or exceed annual new business and retentive sales goals.
- Develop strong working relationship with clients, law firms, financial advisors, investment bankers, etc.
- Work with Business Development to ensure that all policies & procedures for entering new business relationships including Know Your Customer (“KYC”), anti money laundering (“AML”) etc. have been complied with prior to formal mandate and transaction closing Understand transaction structures and assigned portfolio of accounts
- Understanding of transaction documents and obligations;
- Working on new transaction documents;
- Implementation of new clients;
- Implementation of new systems and procedures;
- Ensuring that staff have adequate training;
- Arranging and attending meetings with clients on regular basis.
- Maintain a business knowledge of all Securitisation and Structured Finance products and services and the financial markets and the securities industry – sufficient to enable the identification of business opportunities from existing clients and matching Client needs to capabilities.
- At least 10 years experience in the financial services industry in similar roles;
- Understanding of the role of a trustee/agent/custodian and the finance industry;
- A proven track record within client relationship management
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to meet the company’s obligations to clients;
- Ability to understand legal documents;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to represent the Company at management level.