Salary description: Up to $70k base
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience
Our Client is a global tier-one broker seeking Desk assistants to join their Sydney team supporting 3 private client advisers.
The role will be a broad opportunity within operations, with cross training across the client onboarding team, client services team and settlements.
- Distribute new account documents and required notifications to clients and review new account forms for accuracy and completeness, including input of client banking details.
- Assign account numbers and provide advisers with completed new account forms after management approval.
- Arrange and assist with CHESS and sponsorship, off-market, broker to broker and issuer to CHESS transfer of client documents.
- Authorise access and respond to client queries re Website.
- Coordinate Initial Public Offering allocations and applicable client documentation.
- Liaise with back office and share registries regarding client and adviser enquiries
- Coordinate client seminars, conferences and presentations.
- Maintain account files and undertake regular follow-up on missing documents.
- Process and monitor stock settlements, including follow up with clients re outstanding funds.
- Participate in department cross-training as required.
- Degree Qualified within a Banking related discipline
- RG 146 (ideally – if not will be paid for to study)
- Ideally ADA 1 & 2
- Strong communication skills is a must and ability and confidence to liaise with on the phone.
- Ideally some experience in the Australian and global securities markets in an operations or CS capacity
- Knowledge and understanding of financial markets fundamentals.
- Prior broking Operations experience highly regarded
- Finance Degree highly regarded