Salary description: $90,000 - $115k base
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client, a leader in global banking and financial services, is seeking a strong fund accounting applicant with some experience directly within fund transitions.
This role involves executing and coordinating the execution of transition projects as required, working closely internal and external stakeholders.
The Specialist will focus on business data requirements for transition and projects. This may include establishing data definitions and defining data quality criteria for all uploads into the HiPortfolio (or other) platform.
The Specialist will work closely with stakeholders, business subject matter experts, operations teams, and technology teams to ensure thorough documentation of requirements, controls, pain points, data process flows, and ownership of data including implementation (extraction, transformation, load of information, controls and reporting)
- Act as subject matter expert for the HiPortfolio data take-ons,’ extracts, transformation, load and reconciliation process
- Ability to identify potential problems through advanced analysis techniques to ensure data migration and reporting
- Define and document business, and non-functional requirements using appropriate documentation techniques to describe statements of the goals, objectives, or needs of a particular stakeholder or group of stakeholders
- Liaise with custodians and other investment managers to ensure accurate information on clients’ portfolios to enable a smooth and timely data migration/transition
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Approximately 5+ years in Financial Services, with specific technical knowledge of Fund Accounting & Unit Pricing, Investment Administration & Custody Operations.
- In-depth knowledge of a range of securities & their treatment.
- Demonstrates capability in project management & planning, good numeracy & analytical ability, as well as capable of multi-tasking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the capability to work cohesively within their team to achieve tight deadlines & quality outcomes.
- Demonstrate a clear and concise written communication style. Proactive in communicating with client contacts & colleagues.
Education & Qualifications
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting or a related discipline.
- Good working knowledge of Hi-Portfolio & relevant market systems.
- MS Suite (Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint).
- Lotus Notes.
- Preference to candidates who hold post-graduate qualifications in Accounting, Management or Industry (CPA, CA or SIA).