Our client is a well-renowned global Asset Manager with a sizeable presence in Australia. They are seeking a Junior Accountant with approximately 2 years’ relevant work experience to join their Finance team in Sydney, consisting of five people.
The Finance and Accounting Team is collaborative in its delivery of financial support and service to clients and the other departments throughout the firm.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accountant will primarily be responsible for the accounts payable and expense management functions within the team. There will also be the opportunity to support and assist the Finance Manager with other corporate accounting-related tasks.
The Accountant will be responsible for the following accounts payable related tasks
- Entering invoices, checking approvals, correct GST treatment, general ledger coding of invoices, and liaising with suppliers as necessary
- Preparing payment batches and arranging authorised signatories to approve payments
- Vendor maintenance in both the general ledger accounting system (Oracle Fusion) and credit card expense management system (Concur)
- Reconciling and closing the accounts payable and cash manager modules monthly
- Monitoring corporate credit cards to ensure timely submission and review for coding accuracy of expenses submitted by staff
In addition, there will be opportunities during the year to support the Manager, Finance with the following
- Monthly/quarterly/annual reporting activities
- Preparing tax filings such as Monthly Business Activity Statement, Fringe Benefits tax return, Payment Times Reporting
Requirements / Qualifications
- An Accounting/Finance degree with around 2 years’ experience in general accounting or accounts payable
- Previous experience working in a corporate environment, ideally within financial services
- Prior experience in Oracle Fusion (cloud) is desired
- Experience working with and managing a variety of stakeholders across all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills