Salary description: Circa $60k + super AUD
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience
Our client is a well known global trading firm. They are seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their small finance team They are seeking a part CA/CPA qualified Assistant Accountant join their finance & control department.
They will be responsible for assisting with the production of all financial reporting which is used by external regulators, Head Office and local management.
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified and have 2+ years experience within a financial accounting role ideally from a global financial services business.
- Hands on involvement in the financial/management and regulatory reporting,
budgetary controls and ledger reconciliations.
- Assist in quarterly & annual forecasting and budgeting.
- Liaison with auditors, tax advisors, bankers for GST returns, tax returns, credit facilities and internal and external audit.
- Assist in Finance Reports including Clients’ Performance Report, variance analysis,
and detailed commentary.
- Graphs and summary statistics for monthly compliance meeting and annual board
- Assist in the review of changes to the regulatory and statutory environment,
especially ASIC and ASX, and assessment of the impact on Instinet Australia.
- Ensure compliance to Australia accounting standard, Transfer Pricing and ATO
taxation rules, and AFSL regulations.
- Ensure all procedures are documented and kept up to date.
- Preferably studying for CA/CPA (finance manager can assist with mentoring
- Familiar with both local accounting standards and US GAAP requirements.
- High regarded for attention to details, accuracy and quality.
- Experience with bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations and cash flow
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Highly committed and self motivated with a professional and assertive approach.
- To work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills.
Knowledge of Oracle Accounting Software is an advantage.Apply for this Job →