Salary description: $55-62k base
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience
Our client is a well known global trading firm. They are seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their small finance team reporting into the financial controller. They are seeking a part CA/CPA qualified Assistant Accountant join their finance & control department.
They will be responsible for assisting with the production of management reports for Head Office and local management.
The ideal candidate will be part to full CPA / CA qualified and have 2+ years experience within an assistant accounting role ideally from another financial services business.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Processing of accruals and prepayments
- BAS reporting
- Fixed asset register
- General ledger/ trial balance duties
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Month end duties
- As hoc tasks as required
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and possess the following key attributes:
- Tertiary degree and in the process of undertaking a professional accounting qualification (CA/ CPA or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to present and communicate information effectively
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail and computer literacy (strong Excel skills are essential)
- Experience in preparation of balance sheet and profit and loss
- Experience with a mid-market accounting ledger
- Previous experience in the financial services industry is preferred but not essential