Location: Hong Kong
Salary description: HKD $75k - 100k per month
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- No Experience years of experience
- Our client is seeking an operations manager to lead their small Private Wealth Management operations team. Our client’s PWM business focuses on strictly high net worth clients, and accordingly they will be seeking an applicant who has direct experience in liaising with HNW clients. Further, the successful applicant will be required to build a strong working relationship with the client advisors in Hong Kong and SE Asia
This is a hands-on operations management position requiring direct experience in wealth management operations. Strong applicants within institutional operations, ideally with an equity focus, will also be considered. Any experience with broking firms, or financial advisory businesses would be held in high regard.
Our client will recruit this position at either the AVP or VP level, depending on the applicant.
Our client’s wealth management operation offers high net worth investors access to services, products and intellectual capital through both strategic advice and investment selection services. The high net worth target market refers to investors with net investible assets in excess of A$10 million. Small charities and not for profit institutions also form part of the target market.
- This role is responsible for overall management of the Private Wealth Management’s Operations department, including responsibility for updating systems that support the accounting, taxation and reporting functionality attached to the Private Wealth Management department.
- You will primarily be an escalation point for the review of work completed by the team as well as the escalation point for departmental enquiries both internal and external of the bank. Performance reporting will ensure your department is on track to meet its targets for output, tax obligations and performance analytics. You are comfortable with leadership and will take responsibility for the motivation, support and development of the existing team. Other than business as usual responsibilities you will be challenged by process reengineering/improvement and associated budget submissions.
• You will have a comprehensive knowledge of accounting and taxation of all financial markets instruments, with a proven track record in Custodial or Fund Management accounting.
• In relation to your personal attributes you will need to demonstrate yourself to be highly responsible and your attention to detail and ability to work autonomously are unquestioned.
• You can deal with ambiguity and have the ability to manage staff in a fast-paced and challenging environment, whilst having the knowledge and ability to deal with difficult internal and external clients.