Salary description: $130 - $170k + super + bonus
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 7 to 10 years of experience
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Business Analyst to work in a Product Manager style position. You will be working on software product development, with close coordination with both external clients and the internal software development team.
The ideal profile for this role would be an applicant with Global Markets business analysis experience. Prior experience with post-trade settlement experience, ideally with a project focus would be ideal. Experience working in an Agile project environment would be good, and exposure to JIRA and Confluence. Prior experience working as a business analyst within an operations or software development capacity within Investment Banking, Custody, Equities, Global Markets or Asset Management would be preferred.
The ideal background will be someone with around 5 to 8 years’ experience in financial services technology initiatives.
- Gather and detail requirements, internally and externally with clients, ensuring clearly defined acceptance criteria
- Distill client and functional partner feedback into actionable insights that inform product decisions
- Using your deep domain and technical expertise to define and deliver products that both meet our clients’ complex requirements and build generic market infrastructure
- Work well with functional partners to implement, document, validate and monitor product development activities
- Responsible for helping set the product scope and definition, solving market structure and workflow problems
- Ensuring the commercial viability of products
- 5-8 years of experience in financial services technology initiatives
- Securities industry experience and insights a plus, particularly with respect to post-trade and settlement processing / operations
- Skilled in leading and working within an Agile environment, including participation in daily scrum meetings, backlog management, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Familiarity with automated testing approaches and tools used to automate functional validation in an easily readable and understandable format
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self-directed, engaged, collaborative and follow through on commitments
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical writing; ability to effectively summarise and present validation findings to a broad set of internal and external stakeholders