Salary description: $50-$60k + super
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience
This position is effectively a junior business developer who will help line up meetings for the Sales Directors with prospective clients across the Asia-Pacific region. Our client runs a small office in Sydney, and another in Hong Kong, targeting prospective clients across Asia-Pacific.
Clients are typically large listed corporate companies, as they are offering a range of products to monitor, manage and hedge their risk. As such, the client base is primarily Corporate Treasurers and CFOs of large listed companies across the region. The primary goal of the Account Development Representative is to liaise with these prospective clients and organise meetings for the Sales Directors to discuss the range of products that are offered in derivative risk management and hedge accounting.
The ideal applicant would have a few years of post-university experience in a sales or business development focused role. You would need to be very confident liaising with new prospective clients on the phone, with the aim of organising client meetings.
A strong results-focused salesperson is required for the position, and an applicant who is enthusiastic and eager to develop a career as a competent business developer. The ideal applicant will be comfortable speaking to cold prospective clients, and keen to work in a results-driven sales environment.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business in a junior sales position, that would likely progress to a Sales Director role after a few years of experience in the role. Periodic travel across Asia-Pacific could be required as part of this role, but initially would be minimal while you are gaining experience in the role.
Compensation for the position will be variable based on experience, although we expect likely circa $50-60k base plus super
• Primarily obtaining sales appointments for the sales team across the region
• Includes significant researching of prospects and their requirements
• Working through existing leads to generate appointments, along with finding and generating new leads to approach (warm calling and cold calling)
• Generating email campaigns and building target lists
• Executing Telesales programs aligned with marketing campaigns, to develop new leads
• Following up leads to convert B leads into A lead prospects
• Coordinating web presentations and demonstrations with the direct sales team and prospects.
• Working with the sales team to responds to RFP’s and generate proposals.
• Executing account management activities with clients to include client satisfaction programs and selling additional solutions
• Working with the sales team to ensure all sales and account information in SalesForce.com is current, complete and accurate.
• Undertake detailed research of target market to develop account profiles
• Understand and closely monitor competitors in each market
• Work with the Sales team to develop a provocative lead generation programs focused on target accounts.
• Prospecting for new business opportunities, based on research within the target corporations especially in Australia, Singapore and HK.