Salary description: $22 - $30 per hour
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- No Experience years of experience
Established in June 2005, Anton Murray Consulting is a specialist recruitment consulting firm focused on providing high calibre banking professionals to clients primarily within the Investment Banking, Funds Management and Wealth Management sectors. Headquartered in Sydney, Australia we work on a diverse range of assignments across the Asia-Pacific region across our four primary locations of Sydney, Singapore, Hong Kong and Melbourne. With a tight-knit, collegiate recruitment team we work on offering our significant candidate network real progression across Asia-Pac.
This is a position working directly with us, not one of our clients.
We are seeking a part-time employee to work as a Business Development Associate, on an ongoing 3 day per week basis, in support of our Sydney-based recruitment team. This position will be employed on the internal corporate title of Executive.
You will act as direct support for the director and consultants, with a focus on both business development activities for the team, alongside accounts administration.
Your responsibilities will be broad, including daily administration and management of the accounts function including payroll, Accounts/Payable and Accounts/Receivable. Our CFO will provide direct guidance in accounts support, although we are seeking our Executive [Business Development Associate] to also help in accounts coordination. You will also be required to provide a variety of tasks to assist in streamlining the work of consultants, to help us deliver on our assignments for our clients.
The ideal applicant will be someone who is keen to work in both business development support and accounts administration. We expect that the ideal candidate will be a university student or someone seeking an ongoing part-time work setup due to family commitments.
We are ideally seeking someone who can work 3 days a week, although we have some flexibility on this.
- Help to lead and coordinate candidate and client business development activity, in support of the recruitment team.
- Marketing coordination for candidate and client interaction.
- Accounts Payable/Receivable.
- Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations.
- Manage timesheets and conduct invoicing processes.
- Engage in weekly, monthly and quarterly P&L reporting.
- Action Director/Consultant task needs.
- Organise and attend drinks, lunches, dinners and other functions.
- Coordinate and organise candidate focused communications, email-outs or mail-outs.
- Organise client/candidate gifts.
- Social Media coordination, alongside marketing support.
- Expenses coordination
- Extensive client & candidate call interaction
- Database Activity Reporting
- As we are a small team, most importantly the right team and cultural fit is paramount. We are open to a variety of previous work experience in the administrative space but are seeking someone who is well-spoken, sharp interpersonally with an outgoing personality.
- Well-developed communication skills – written, verbal and non-verbal are required for this role. It is important that you are able to express ideas and information clearly and accurately.
- Ideally you will have a year or more of experience in an administrative/office assistant context having serviced a small office or a team of professionals in a larger company.
- You will be keen to work in a results-driven environment where you will be required to work hard but will be rewarded very well for your efforts.
- You must have the presence of mind and ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks effectively. The ability to identify the need to adjust priorities and reschedule tasks in a timely manner for the most satisfactory outcome is necessary. The confidence to commit to deadlines and maintain accuracy and consistency is essential.
- An ability to work at a fast pace in what is often a demanding environment is important. You must be able to work effectively in a harmonious team environment and also excel independently.
- Previous knowledge of MYOB or other accounting systems would be helpful.
- We interact regularly with clients and candidates in both Singapore and Hong Kong, so any language skills in either Mandarin or Cantonese would be of interest. Any family or cultural connection to either SG or HK would also be relevant to us.
Anton Murray Consulting has offices based in the heart of the CBD [close to Circular Quay], we encourage flexibility in your work day and offer a supportive and positive environment to work within.
If you want to be a part of a winning and successful team then you need to look no further. We are a supportive, collegiate team that would provide a fantastic environment for someone seeking an ongoing 3 day per week position with a financial services focus.
Please apply or call our Partner, Michael Cunningham, for an initial discussion to learn more about working for us: +61 2 8246 8911Apply for this Job →