Our client’s Asia-Pacific client relations team is comprised of 7 members. Their staff are located in Sydney and Singapore, and the team is responsible for maintaining and advancing our clients competitive edge in the areas of marketing, sales and client service to provide the best service possible consistent with achieving our investment goals.
The Singapore office has a dedicated client facing team of 2 staff, supplemented by the help of our client’s global team. We are looking to add a mandarin speaker who can progress our Business Development efforts across the region, but with a focus in: China, Chinese based entities across Asia, Family Offices, and the Wealth channel.
- Ensure develop a strong understanding of our client’s front, middle, and back office workings. This is best done by understanding the business of all existing clients, their specific product and servicing needs.
- The individual will need to be able to either lead or act as a backup on: regular client and consultant engagement and meetings.
- Work as a member, and with the existing Sales team.
- Liaise with all internal and external contacts in a polite and professional manner.
- Proactively take a segment of prospective client universe, and: identify, create and progress new business opportunities within that assigned prospect universe. The aim will be to meet sales and revenue targets which will contribute to their bonus determination.
- Work as a “back up” sales and relationship manager on some of the key relationships in Asia – helping the lead Sales manager with prospecting, cross selling, and servicing (the aim here is to better understand the firm and how it works upon joining).
- Within both of the above, develop your own and contribute to tactical sales and servicing plans within Asia.
- Over time, contribute to the strategic business development plan for Asia.
- Over time, take some responsibility for institutional consultant engagement – working collaboratively with other team members to achieve the collective consultant linked goals of the region and global firm (including helping with new ratings, and service / maintenance of existing ratings).
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of your assigned market segment and how it is evolving – communicating this clearly upwards with an eye on both business opportunities and risks; as well as product development.
- Experience with the Wealth, Intermediary, Private Bank Channels; and associated on-boarding requirements.
- Wider experience with the Family Office Channel.
- Experience with mainland China based entities (Sovereigns, Banks, AMC’s, Insurers).
- Experience with Chinese linked entities in HK (insurers, PB’s).
- Experience with a master agent or direct experience in the Taiwan Institutional market.
- Grown up in an Institutional or Wholesale sales and servicing environment, and understands the middle and back office workings of an asset manager.
- Has experience and retains willingness to service accounts (spanning reporting, ad hoc queries, to regular servicing meetings), understanding this is essential to understanding our firm and better understanding client base.
- Over the last 5+years, has had direct responsibility for their own sales territory and sales results.
- Hungry, wants accountability and understands that success will be rewarded; but remains eager to work with senior leadership to achieve results in their target market.
- Wants to be a voice within the team and firm – sharing ideas on the direction of the market and related product opportunities.
- High energy, positive attitude, professional and mature.
SG license number: 15S7735