Location: Hong Kong
Salary description: $400-$500 HKD + commisions
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leading market intelligence and information provider within the financial markets. They are a global business and their staff globally comprise primarily of journalists or researchers who provide the market intelligence and salespeople who sell the market intelligence to clients. They provide real-time news, actionable market intelligence, research and data that enables individuals and companies working in finance to gain a competitive business advantage. Subscribers included many of the world’s leading developers, institutional investors, private equity funds, banks, law firms, advisors and insurers.
The role is an exciting and varied mix of report and event sponsorship sales which will involve travel throughout the Asia-Pacific region, with an emphasis on China. Based in the Hong Kong office and reporting to the Asia-Pacific head, the successful candidate will be expected to sell across a range of business development solutions including sponsorship of thought leadership reports, panel discussions, flagship forums, industry awards and digital broadcasts.
Salary will be between HKD $400-475k per annum + monthly commissions on top for sales.
- Selling the product suite to new clients on a consistent monthly basis by meeting with new prospects and running trials to deliver the value proposition
- Live/remote product demonstrations for prospects and existing clients
- Managing an existing client base whilst ensuring these clients renew their subscriptions
- Develop and cultivate relationships at the highest levels within client base and prospects
- To identify and deliver increased revenues combined with excellent service levels
Skills and Knowledge:
- Around 5 years sales experience, preferably selling to financial and professional services firms
- Mandarin Language skills
- Highly driven, self–motivated and entrepreneurial with a “hunter” sales mentality
- Strong sales and marketing acumen
- Excellent presentational and negotiating skills
- Strong client management and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of M&A and the wider financial markets
- Well organized
- Strong aptitude to construct sponsorship packages and write proposals in Word and PowerPoint.
- Team player with strong collegial demeanor
- Tenacity and resolve to see a deal through to successful delivery of each event.
Educated to degree level or aboveApply for this Job →