Salary description: $100k - $140k base + super and bonus
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience
This is an amazing opportunity to join a leading firm as a Buy-Side Research Analyst supporting their front office.
You will partner with senior analysts and traders to identify investment opportunities in the Australian equity markets.
You will provide in depth company analysis around future catalyst events and provide real-time opinions on breaking news throughout the trading day.
Ideal candidates will be:
- University educated
- Part to full way through their CFA and
- Have maximum 3 years’ experience in an equity analysis role from the sell or buy side
- Identifying and analysing catalyst events for the stocks or sector under coverage
- Performing stock valuation analysis
- Collaborating with derivative traders on investment ideas
- Providing real-time opinions on breaking news
- Forecasting dividends
- Evaluating special situations such as mergers and acquisitions and other corporate actions
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance or economics, or a related discipline
- Strong written, analytical, and financial research skills
- CFA level 1 as a minimum
- Prior exposure to fundamental company research
- Familiarity with a trading environment and derivative products preferred