Salary description: $100-120k base + OTE Commissions $40k
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leading global solutions vendor, that provides asset and wealth managers with the solutions they need to grow assets under management, communicate with their clients, and address the data challenges facing the industry.
This Business Development Manager role is responsible for developing relationships with Buy-Side clients while understanding the overall client needs and aligning products and services to their goals and strategies.
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager, who will be based in Sydney. In this role you will focus on generating new business across all of our clients’ main product lines and will be reporting to the MD of the Australian office. Although you will receive some incoming leads, you will be responsible for generating the majority of new business leads within the Asset Management (Buy Side) industry on your own. Your target clients are asset managers and superannuation firms.
- Exceed the sales target, which is based on new business from new clients and growing an existing base of business.
- Work closely with other sales professionals, product, development, implementation and client and sales support teams to ensure a world-class solution offering for our clients.
- Insure that our product lines meet the market needs and continue to grow the business.
- Take part in user forums and other activities with prospects and clients such as conferences and exhibitions.
- You will be responsible for accurate and timely reporting using our in-house CRM system and managing the contracts for new and renewal business.
- A talented communicator and face-to-face presenter, able to demonstrate expert-level knowledge of the products sold
- A passionate interest for the Financial industry
- Financial Services sales experience
- A proven track record of B2B sales success with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an outside sales role
- Proven selling skills; including a “hungry”, driven attitude
- 3+ years of customer-facing experience at senior levels within the financial marketplace, including selling software, online and technology solutions
- A proven track record of acquiring new business, and successful account management
- Experience in selling data services along with subscription based products (like software) would be a definite asset
- University degree in related field
- Outstanding relationship building and management skills