Salary description: $150k incl super + leave
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- Contract or Temporary
- 3 to 7 years of experience
My client, a leading global financial services firm is seeking a a strong, pro-active and dynamic Project Manager from a corporate or institutional banking industry background to manage a procurement related project including establishing governance frameworks, as well as procedures and policies.
This position is an initial 6 month contract with a likely extension.
The successful candidate for this role will be involved in the set up, strategy development and management of the procurement process.
We require candidates to have:
- Strong communications skills
- Very organised
- Attention to detail
- Influencing and negotiation skills
Working closely with the relevant sourcing departments, the Project Manager is responsible for the full procurement process, except for Real Estate, from definition of needs and identification of potential suppliers, through to selection of suppliers, negotiation of terms and contracts, management of supplier risk, supplier relationship and optimization of external spend.
The ability to manage a roll out of a process and stakeholder engagement / management are the key skills
- Establish and manage the Procurement Function and formal governance framework, covering all entities across Australia and New Zealand, ensuring local adherence to Group / Regional Procurement policies and procedures
- Coordinate procurement of external services and goods (except Real Estate) within Australia and New Zealand and to develop and manage local supplier relationships with the aim of constantly improving service quality vs. cost levels at acceptable level of risk.
- Support the implementation of Global / Regional agreements within the Territory
- Ensure local awareness of and compliance to the conditions of agreements
- Develop category strategy, build strong savings pipeline and implement such strategy
- Ensure the Bank’s procedures are followed in negotiating and awarding procurement contracts
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Candidates must possess tertiary qualification, project management experience ideally with some Procurement experience (hands-on sourcing and contract management), majority of which should have been gained within the financial industry environment
- Strong Communication skills
- Ideally experience setting up a new procurement function.