- No Experience years of experience
Our client is a leading funds management business. Within their funds middle office team, they are seeking a senior candidate with Equities, FX or Fixed income trade support experience to join their team in a permanent capacity due to internal team movement.
This team has evolved to be very client service focused rather that daily processing, so they are seeking very strong written and verbal communication and client service skills to handle queries from clients.
- Middle Office exists to provide administration activities which support our clients start of day position. This includes trade matching, instructing settlement, managing cash flows, reconciliation and reporting.
- Oversight of offshored teams and day-to-day interaction with clients
- Change implementation including on-boarding new business, changes to existing processes to meet client requirements, self-generated process enhancements and the creation and implementation of new services.
- Regular interaction with Investment Managers, internal stakeholders. Other business interfaces include transitions, fund accounting, performance and compliance, client service management, IT
Expectations of candidates
- Candidates must have an understanding in trade processing (preferably in equity and fixed interest products) and a basic understanding of corporate actions, FX and Cash.
- Candidates should have experience in leading training of others to create a well balanced team.
- Given the time critical nature of the day-to-day deliverables (internal and external), candidates must be able to work well under pressure and demonstrate good communication skills, particularly around escalation and client liaison.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong problem solving skills and an ability to plan ahead.
Client service delivery
- Oversight of matching across a range of products, including equities, fixed income securities and foreign exchange, ensuring internal and market deadlines are met and in line with Service Level Agreements.
- Ensuring a timely and professional response to client queries via email and phone.
- Building strong collaborative relationships with clients, brokers and other external third parties
- Degree education – preferable commerce and finance.
- Four years plus experience in one or more of the required product areas – Asia Pacific and Global markets experience Ideal