Contract or Temporary
Our client is a global bank seeking a Compliance Manager to join their Sydney team for a 6-month contract.
- To represent the Compliance function in the business’ Management Committee and other business and operational committees. To ensure that appropriate Compliance oversight arrangements are in place.
- To act as an escalation and decision making point (within scope of expertise) for material Compliance topics impacting the business. To report all material Compliance issues, progress and resolution as needed.
- To monitor the quality and completeness of implementation of the Group Compliance framework for the business, liaising where necessary with the relevant Compliance domain leaders. Maintain an annual Compliance Action Plan defining clearly the Control plans and coverage for all Compliance domains – Financial Security, Market integrity, Professional Ethics and Client Interest Protection. To actively monitor the status of Compliance controls, gaps and actions required for closure, ensuring the role of Compliance as a second level controller.
- Actively ensure new regulatory trends and requirements are identified and addressed. Perform ongoing assessment of company activities to ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- To ensure all staff are aware and appropriately trained on the Compliance expectations of the local regulator and the business. To help develop a strong compliance culture within the entity, with a focus on Professional Ethics and Client Interest Protection.
- To manage and maintain the relationship with ASIC and other regulators, representing the function in relevant industry forums.
- Service provider monitoring
- Regulatory compliance monitoring
- Risk review and testing
- At least 5 years’ asset management compliance experience
- University graduate with a major in business, or a related discipline
- General knowledge or capacity to acquire knowledge regulatory environment for financial services in Australia
- General knowledge or capacity to acquire knowledge of regulatory requirements of anti-money laundering and combating terrorist financing
- General knowledge or capacity to acquire knowledge of control concept as well as compliance rules and regulations