Our client is a leading institutional and retail stockbroker seeking to hire a new Compliance Manager to run their compliance function in Sydney.
- Develop and drive the compliance strategy across the business in a consistent manner and to manage any synergies and gaps;
- Execution and monitoring of risk management practices, operational issues and control breakdowns;
- Track and report on non-compliance items to ensure remediation plans are in place and communicated appropriately;
- Deal with, respond to and manage correspondence and statutory notices from ASIC;
- Act as the contact point with ASIC;
- Management of the risk framework within business
- Provide a full compliance advisory service to the different business units;
- Produce regular updates and report on regulatory concerns to ASIC;
- Incidents, Errors and Breach management (market participant and AFSL licensee breaches);
- Assist with AML & CTF compliance oversight and implementation;
- Balance regulatory requirements with business requirements;
- Provide constructive feedback to stakeholders in a professional manner and undertake training for gaps identified;
- Produce and regularly update and communicate a regulatory framework working alongside the core compliance team;
- Regularly promote compliance within business units;
- Develop and deliver training
- Preferable but not essential, provide general legal advice e.g. review confidentiality deeds, supplier agreements, draft employment contracts etc.
- Experienced compliance professional with a proven track-record in, and understanding of, risk management and the regulatory and compliance environment in financial services and stockbroking.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a legal/compliance capacity for a Australian Financial Services Licensee/stockbroker.
- Comprehensive understanding of regulatory framework governing financial services licensees and market participants .
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications in preferably Law, also consider Audit, Finance, Commerce or a similar discipline.
- Broking/Securities experience required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, resiliency and sound judgement.
- Demonstrate a high degree of commercial acumen and self-motivation.