Salary description: $70,000 - $90,000 + super
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience
A well-known global financial services firm requires a few experienced candidates to join its Corporate Actions team. There are multiple positions open, seeking either permanent or temp to permanent candidates with minimum 2 years corporate actions experience.
The key activities for this role are the processing of corporate action events for domestic equity securities, including but not limited to dividend entitlements, placements, rights issues, bonus issues and capital reconstructions.
- Processing and setting up of all of the above corporate actions/events
- The monitoring of corporate event notices advising the front office of pending corporate events (i.e. Purchase offers, exchange offers, disclosure events etc)
- Submitting instructions into the internal systems to instruct on traders instructions before event deadlines.
- Arranging for internal redemption and conversion tickets to be booked by traders when the depots advise us of credit proceeds.
- Reconciling stock and cash breaks cause
- Following up on information that is lacking upon announcement by liaising with company secretaries, registries and investor relations departments
- Setting up of elections for dividend reinvestment plans and bonus share plans
- Reconciling balances for ex and record dates for all of the above income payments
- 2+ years corporate actions experience with a fund manager, broker, investment bank or custodian.
- Competent understanding of equities and the corporate actions operation process.
- GBST / Summit experience highly regarded
- Ideally tertiary qualifications or study in a financial services related discipline.
- Good attention to detail, being able to work to tight deadlines and problem solving skills will be looked upon favourably.