This is a fantastic opportunity for a mid level corporate banking Relationship Manager or a sharp Assistant RM or Credit Analyst ready to step up into a direct Relationship Manager role with a leading global corporate / institutional bank.
The role is suited to candidates who have some corporate banking relationship management experience but are earlier in their career with 3-5 years’ experience.
The role will work closely with the Head of RM in Australia, and involves the Relationship Management of a select portfolio of the Australian subsidiaries of their key global clients. This provides the candidate with the opportunity to gain experience dealing with companies across many countries and industries, offering the full suite of Corporate Banking products.
The ideal candidate would be experienced in the following:
- Corporate Banking Relationship Management
- Credit Analysis
The role involves the Relationship Management of key clients. This provides the candidate with the opportunity to gain experience dealing with companies across many countries and industries.
The team covers the full suite of Corporate /Institutional Banking products from basic transaction banking to structured finance and risk mitigation solutions.
This role provides an opportunity to manage clients with mainly basic banking requirements, however the candidate will also have the opportunity to assist and gain experience in more complex deals and clients over time
- Business development and marketing efforts: Support the marketing and business development activities of the team in Australia, developing pitches and identifying opportunities in line with the Global and Regional Strategy.
- With the support of the Head of Australia, assume direct commercial responsibilities for a selected portfolio of clients, by maintaining and pro-actively developing the relationship to, maximise revenues within cost, capital and liquidity constraints to achieve budget
- Originate new business opportunities
- Cross sell products (loans, trade finance, cash management, FX) that match the needs of clients and leverage capabilities of the Bank
- Cautiously monitor the Credit Risk associated to the portfolio, including the completion and presentation of credit papers
- Collaborate with local Credit teams, so that all required information and insight are provided in a timely manner to the Credit Analysts
- Refer new business opportunities to other countries when client shares such information
- Actively participate in local campaigns and bank focused events including existing client or product local/regional forums, where appropriate
- Partner with Client Services Desk team to support smooth and efficient client on-boarding process, through an active involvement from the RM
Qualifications and experience required:
- Knowledge of Corporate Banking products;
- Business financial analysis and risk management knowledge;
- Around 3-5 years in a similar Corporate & Institutional banking Relationship Management role and/or sales/business development role
- Experience operating in an international environment; understanding of different regulatory, cultural and Network Banking requirements would be a plus.
- Credit risk analysis experience.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.