A global investment bank is seeking a DCM-focused Legal Associate for a Transaction Manager position, on a long-dated 12-month contract, as part of their DCM Corporate Trust team.
The Transaction Manager is responsible for the review, negotiation, and execution of governing deal documents entered into by the DCM Trust Management team and shall effectively see transactions through from mandate to closing. Serves as primary point of contact (in conjunction with Client & Business Development and/or Global Client Solutions) with all external parties on new transactions, communicating matters of concern to internal working groups and provide on transaction management consultation during the life of the issuance.
Areas of focus for this Transaction Management team:
1) Deal Acceptance
- Reviews, negotiates, and executes of all governing documents for new transactions ensuring that the deal documentation reflects appropriate operational responsibilities and documentation standards.
- Prepares, and presents deals and submissions to the local Business Acceptance, Trust, and Jurisdictional Acceptance Committee for new business, ensuring the deal has been properly approved by the Client prior to execution of the governing documents. Liaisons with product management, risk and legal to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with the internal Legal department related to unusual or novel features in deal documents and escalate to the Legal department all litigation or potential litigation issues
2) Deal Closing
- Liaises with external and internal working group parties to coordinate closing timeframes, enlisting Client & Business Development and/or Global Client Solutions, as appropriate
- Prepares instructions for support utilities to open the necessary accounts on relevant applications, including cash, custody and bondholder record keeping systems
- Requests and receives at closing original signed documents, global notes and any credit facilities, UCCs, bond insurance policies and other collateral, and facilitate forwarding such by secure means to Global Client Solutions for safekeeping
3) Deal Set Up
- Procures the safe keeping and scanning of all investor documents and contractual documents entered into by the Client entities, including the complete closing transcript where applicable
- Completes the appropriate checklist for effective transfer of the deal to Client & Business Development, Global Client Solutions and/or Client Service Delivery, (as applicable) in a timely manner under tight timeframes.
- Degree level education ideally within law or financial services
- 3 – 4 years’ experience in legal private practice and / or DCM banking transaction experience involving document negotiation
This is an exceptional opportunity for a DCM-focused Legal Associate to join this prominent US Investment Bank in their Transaction Management team, on an initial 12m contract. This position will be paid a suitable Daily Rate, in line with your experience – although a suitable range will be $600-700pd [equivalent to $135k-160k].
We look forward to receiving your application for this exceptional opportunity.