Salary description: AUD $60k-$65k including super + bonus
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience
Our client is a global tier-one broker seeking a Desk Assistant to join their Sydney team supporting 2 leading private client advisers and their HNW clientele.
The role will be directly supporting two private client advisers, liaising with their clients, placing trades on client behalf and providing further operational assistance to the team.
- Distribute new account documents and required notifications to clients and review new account forms for accuracy and completeness, including input of client banking details
- Assign account numbers and provide advisers with completed new account forms after management approval.
- Arrange and assist with CHESS and sponsorship, off-market, broker to broker and issuer to CHESS transfer of client documents.
- Authorise access and respond to client queries re website
- Coordinate Initial Public Offering allocations and applicable client documentation. Liaise with back office and share registries regarding client and adviser enquiries
- Coordinate client seminars, conferences and presentations. Maintain account files and undertake regular follow-up on missing documents
- Process and monitor stock settlements, including follow up with clients re outstanding funds
- Participate in department cross-training as required
- Degree qualified within a banking related discipline
- RG 146 (ideally – if not will be paid for to study)
- Ideally ADA 1 & 2
- Strong communication skills is a must and ability and confidence to liaise with clients on the phone
- Ideally some experience in the Australian and global securities markets in an operations or CS capacity
- Knowledge and understanding of financial markets fundamentals
- Prior broking operations experience highly regarded
- Finance degree highly regarded
Feel free to call us directly in Sydney on +61 2 8246 8900 to discuss this position in confidence.Apply for this Job →