Salary description: $28 - 36 ph + Super
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- Contract or Temporary
- 3 to 7 years of experience
An opening has become available in the Equity Trade Support team based in Sydney at this prestigious bulge bracket investment bank. The role will be hired at an Analyst and requiring 1-4 year prior investment banking equity middle office or client services experience
The team is responsible for close liaison with equities, derivatives and program desk traders, interaction with domestic and offshore divisions to facilitate timely and accurate settlement, reconciliations with the ASX, plus accurate books and balances and trade booking functions.
Given the flexible nature of the team, the incumbent will be expected to complete all these tasks at some point. The team is the main point of contact responsible for handling all trade support tasks for the Australian and New Zealand markets.
The role encompasses the daily completion of tasks associated with the market and floor side activities of the trade support group.
- Work with program traders, cash dealers and Clicks operators to ensure trading system parity
- Co-ordinate and facilitate resolution of trade discrepancies (liaison with desk, IT)
- Complete Equity and Derivative trade bookings as needed.
- Work with program desk on setting up / facilitating domestic and international trading details, including liaison with offshore offices
- Australian equity product set up
- Become involved in projects / strategic work as required
- Remain flexible in regard to products dealt with ( i.e. FX, Fixed Income, Listed and OTC Derivatives)
- Liaise with local and global IT teams to ensure that trades flow through systems correctly
- Collate monthly management reporting data
We are looking for high calibre people who possess the following competencies
- Around 1- 4 years experience in a middle office / trade support capacity at a global investment bank in Australia
- 1-2 years experience working with sales/traders
- Experience working with AU/NZ markets an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure for long hours
- Ability to work with colleagues in offshore locations, maintain communication and build rapport with these colleagues
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage daily workflow
- Ability to work through and close out problems
- 1-4 years financial markets experience, with 1 + years in varied trade support or bookings role