Salary description: 70k + super + bonus
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
An exceptional trading support position has become available in direct support of an EQD trading team.
This position would suit an operations, trade support or middle office professional who has previous experience with a global investment bank and is seeking to support a high-performing team of traders. Strong derivatives knowledge required!
The ideal applicant would have previous experience for a few years within equity derivatives, futures or options in a direct trade support, P&L support or desk support capacity and some corporate actions. Candidates also much have strong VBA/Excel skills
A good understanding of accounting P&L principles is important, in addition to a good understanding of financial markets and complex trading products. Our client is keen for applicants who have a solid trade support experience with direct trade booking and P&L support for the traders, and strong product knowledge for this role will be important. The trading teams will often be direct in their communication, so it’s important that the Trader Assistant is familiar with the trading floor environment. A good understanding of the interaction with prime brokers would be useful, as well as some decent experience on Excel and Access would be helpful too.
This position will support one of the Aussie market trading desks based in Sydney, with support for a diverse range of trading activities from EQD, index trading, futures and options trading. In addition, the Trader Assistant will often be required to support other trading desks during if other trading teams need desk coverage.
The team is responsible for close liaison with other trading teams as well as interaction with domestic and offshore divisions to facilitate timely and accurate settlement, reconciliations with the ASX/SFE, plus accurate books and balances and trade booking functions.
• Work with EQD traders, operations and external Prime Brokers to ensure trading system parity
• Co-ordinate and facilitate resolution of trade discrepancies (liaison with desk, IT)
• Complete Equity and Derivative trade bookings as needed.
• Work with program desk on setting up / facilitating domestic and international trading details, including liaison with offshore offices
• Australian equity product set up
• Become involved in projects / strategic work as required
• Remain flexible in regard to products dealt with ( ie FX, Fixed Income, Listed and OTC Derivatives)
• Liaise with local and global IT teams to ensure that trades flow through systems correctly
• Collate monthly management reporting data
We are looking for high calibre people who possess the following competencies:
• Around 1-5 years experience in a middle office / trade support capacity at a global investment bank in Australia
• 1-2 years experience working with sales/traders
• Experience working with AU/NZ markets an advantage
• Ideally some prior DTR education or qualification
• Ability to work with colleagues in offshore locations, maintain communication and build rapport with these colleagues
• Good understanding across Options, Corporate Actions and P&L delivery for traders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced Excel skills and ideeall VBA
This is an exceptional opportunity to work in support of an EQD trading team, in a high-quality firm. Please kindly email over an application, as our client is seeking to move forward quickly with this position.Apply for this Job →