Salary description: $45k-50k base salary
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience
This is a great opportunity for a well spoken, enthusiastic graduate or administrative assistant who is seeking to build experience within financial markets.
The ideal candidate would come from about 1-2 years of secretarial or admin support experience in financial markets. However, high quality and energetic recent Commerce/Finance graduates are also encouraged to apply.
Our client is a derivatives/equities trading firm that offers clients a range of products, with a focus on equity derivative trading products.
Primary areas of support:
SALES DESK SUPPORT
• Provide overall telephone assistance to the Sales Desk by answering
incoming calls in a cordial, professional and timely manner.
• Create, maintain & update client records on our clients internal CRM (client
relationship management) tool.
• Coordinate client seminars and presentations.
CLIENT SERVICES SUPPORT
• Assist in servicing existing clients by responding to routine problems and
assisting with queries.
• Manage the email boxes for Sales and Support, ensure that all client
enquiries and administrative work is addressed in a timely manner.
• Liaise with the Sales Desk, Back Office and share registries regarding all
Equities and Cash Management Account enquiries.
• Monitor stock settlements and resolve any failures.
• Assist with CHESS and sponsorship, off-market, broker to broker and
issuer to CHESS transfers.
GENERAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
• Provide administrative support for the General Manager and Head of Sales including;
arranging meetings, taking minutes, filing and email management.
• Collate monthly reports and assist with the preparation of information or
• Manage the maintenance and ordering of office supplies and equipment.
• Compile and reconcile entertainment and travel expenses.
• Assist with Human Resources Management
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or a related field
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office(Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) –
• Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
• Experience in administration within a financial services environment is highly desired although recent graduates will also be considered
• 1-2 years minimum administrative experience will be highly regarded