Our client is a global financial services firm seeking an Equity Settlements Associate to join their Sydney team on a 6 month ongoing temp.
The Settlements team supports all Equity Settlement activities across the local market, in addition to Listed Derivatives cash control and reconciliation.
The objective of the team is to maintain a high level of service in the execution of these roles and to partner with the Business Unit to address key internal and client issues.
- Reconciliation of Client Asset accounts including Trust account.
- Regulatory Reporting and understanding the requirements of regulatory risk items.
- Settlement Processing and Fail Investigation
- Processing of margin movements for Listed Derivatives
- Break Reconciliation
- Interact with different internal/external clients, BU, IT and other ops teams.
- Liaise with Local Agents to facilitate timely trade settlement, as required on a daily basis
- Liaise with Trade Support and Client Service groups for trade resolution and ad hoc settlement queries
- Facilitate settlement of Stock Lending Transactions
- Understand the rules and regulations of the Australian markets and work within risk parameters
- Reconciliation of domestic stock positions
- Clear internal reconciliation breaks for both stock and cash, as required daily
- Identifying and driving process improvements.
- HSC (or equivalent)
- 1-4 years’ experience in equity settlements
- 1-2 years’ experience with a global investment bank ideally
- Further education in related financial discipline an advantage