Our client is a leading full-service Wealth Management firm seeking an experienced Event Manager to join them on a 12-month maternity leave cover contract in their Sydney office with the view to someone starting in January 2024.
This role plays an integral role in the marketing support provided to the business. It collaborates with the Head of Marketing to deliver a wide range of events that support the strategic initiatives outlined in the Wealth Management marketing plan.
- Contribute to the development of the annual marketing plan by proposing relevant events activity that will deliver results.
- Manage, coordinate, and implement specific projects as outlined within the marketing plan.
- Report on appropriate measures of success.
- Bring events industry best practice and innovation to the marketing team to build capability.
- Work with branch management to understand the business priorities for each branch.
- Provide financial advisers with support for events which help them position themselves appropriately to clients and prospects.
- Contribute to the success of Investment Solutions and Research initiatives by providing relevant events support.
- Harness the full-spectrum of events activity (small to large; online to in-person; owned to third-party) to deliver agreed business outcomes.
- Maintain a productive working relationship with Corporate Access to ensure there is a shared understanding of priorities and activities.
- Manage the production of events-related marketing material such as invitations and collateral.
Key Experience and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of prior Events roles, including time operating at an Events Manager level.
- Experience operating in the financial services sector would be ideal.
- University Degree qualified in Business or Marketing preferable but not essential.
- Proactivity is essential – the ability to craft an effective events program from scratch.
- Someone who can work autonomously.
- Understanding of wealth management would be helpful.
- Communication skills and the ability to forge effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint