One of our investment banking clients is seeking an Assistant for their Investment Banking Division. Initially this position is for a contract cover for 12 months.
This is a mid level EA role and candidates will have between 3-8 years prior experience working in another EA, Personal Assistant or Team Assistant role within another leading bank, Private Equity firm or Asset Manager.
Importantly, the successful candidate will need to have the following attributes;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Be confident in person and on the phone
- Be able to articulate themselves quickly and clearly
- Be sharply presented, and…
- Ideally will have some financial markets experience
- Extensive, complex diary management, including coordination of internal and external meetings, calls, video conferences.
- Maintain team diaries and contacts
- Telephone answering is a priority & accurate and prompt messages and assistance
- Travel & book flights and accommodation for team, including knowledge and awareness of the whereabouts of bankers, relevant client activities and travel policy guidelines
- Expenses & accurately complete expense reports for team of bankers each month Assisting bankers and general administration tasks, source and collate research information, news runs and project materials as required.
- Coordinate couriers and outgoing mail, distribute incoming mail
- General administration, including document production (Word) when required; ad hoc project work
- Client entertainment & organize ad hoc lunches, dinners; work with
- Events Manager and bankers to invite clients to events
- Actively foster a cohesive work environment within the EA team; working effectively with other EAs to ensure support cover during lunch hours and other absences
- Build and maintain relationships with staff in offshore offices
Qualifications / Experience Required
- The successful candidate will have at least 3-8 years of EA / TA or PA corporate experience, ideally with an investment bank or within the financial services industry
- Must be able to work proactively in a fast-paced and demanding environment and have the ability to prioritize a busy workload
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver quality results
- Exhibit highest standards of professionalism and maturity and the ability to bring ideas and experience to tasks
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills; able to interact at all levels
- Proactive, punctual, reliable and a team player, together with a willingness to help other members of the EA team
- Be a good team player who is willing and ready to help your peers to ensure smooth daily operation in the office
- Business acumen and financial awareness
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills
- Advanced Outlook skills required for contacts maintenance and diary scheduling, including time zones
- Advanced skills in Word including mail merge and long, complex documents
- Intermediate Excel skills for general reporting and register maintenance