Salary description: Circa $130k +
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client, a leading Australian domestic bank, is seeking a Finance Business Partner to join their FICC markets finance team.
This is a great opportunity to work with senior leaders and influence the strategic decisions and direction of the business.
You will need strong financial analysis and accounting experience as well as FICC markets knowledge to add maximum value while facing off to the business.
To produce and provide commercial financial insight, analysis and recommendations in order to drive and improve the FICC business performance; this includes both directly with the business and with finance functions including performance & planning, and financial reporting & control
Prepare the FICC business plans & forecasting and analyse revenue, direct & in-direct expenses, capital usage & ROE.
A key contributor to the financial reporting & control function for FICC, for monthly, quarterly, half-year & annual reporting
- Strong understanding of the management reporting, budgeting, and forecasting process
- Provision of detailed financial analysis and commentary to inform the business of performance
- Production of financial and non-financial results, analysis & performance drivers, across revenue, expenses & capital in order to assist in business decision making & improve business performance.
- Provide detailed financial analysis for FICC to enable the FICC CFO and/or Finance Partners to be able to provide commercial & financial advice, on both strategic & operational initiatives, to the business, and to assist in driving performance
- Detailed financial modelling and business case analysis for strategic initiatives to drive the business’s performance
- Continued development of strong stakeholder relationships and business partnering
- Ad hoc strategic analysis and modelling to optimise the performance the division
- CA/CPA (or equivalent) qualified would be preferred
- 5 + years post University experience
- Prior experience in a similar financial services organisation
- 5+Years industry experience within banking, preferably previous Markets banking experience and FICC product knowledge
- Strong financial modelling and business case development
- Detailed knowledge of financial services and banking products
- Strong understanding of management reporting
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence the business
- Excellent communication and attention to detail