Salary description: Competitive depending on salary
- $150-200k AUD Equivalent
- 10 to 15 years of experience
Our client is one of the fastest growing global fin-tech start ups servicing the financial services sector. They are seeking an experienced Scala Software Engineer, with a strong grasp of Agile methodologies to join their Sydney office.
Our client is looking for a Polyglot with a strong command of at least 3 functional and/or non-functional programming languages, including but not limited to, Java, Scala, F#, OCaml, Clojure and Haskell.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join their globally distributed Engineering team, working closely with Product and Business Development teams to deliver production quality features and functionality at pace. You must be able to work effectively and collaboratively with distributed partner teams located across multiple time zones. The role involves being able to design and develop high quality code efficiently and at pace, using functional and non-functional languages, across our platform and applications development teams.
- 10 + years’ experience as a software engineer, working in a globally distributed development environment
- Minimum of 5 years software development experience delivering mission-critical technology to the enterprise software market using Agile methodologies.
- Deep understanding of secure coding practices.
- Strong command of distributed systems development.
- Experience with recovery-oriented computing techniques to develop systems that detect and gracefully recover from system failure.
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, or related disciplines
- Some Financial Markets experience
Salary will be competitive depending on experience.Apply for this Job →